Saturday, February 1, 2014

I Know



I Know
Love, Papa.

I know... 
Not because you said it
Not because I read it
And not because the talking box said so.
I know it, when I listen to my heart
I know it, when it runs its gentle fingers up my spine
I know it, when I get those little shivers and tingles
Sometimes I know it when I speak
Others only when I’m silent.
I know it never wanders far away
Yet I know it gives me just enough rope to hang myself
I know it always offers to help
But I know frequently don’t listen.
I know I am held in the warmth of something
That is so special that words cannot describe.
And I know that I feel safe.
I don’t always know why or how
Or who or when or where.
But I know.....
I just know!

Love, Papa.

Please share Notes From Papa with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment